Mets reach deal to sell team to Steve Cohen

Pete Alonso and Robinson Cano line up for the New York Mets on Opening Day
Photo credit Getty Images
By 1010 WINS

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The New York Mets announced on Monday afternoon it has reached a deal to sell the team to Billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen.

The deal values the Mets at $2.475 billion.

Cohen reportedly outbid a group led by Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez.

“I am excited to have reached an agreement with the Wilpon and Katz families to purchase the New York Mets,” Cohen said in a statement.

Cohen will reportedly own 95 percent of the team, with the Wilpons and Katz owning the remaining 5 percent

But it's not a completely done deal yet: Cohen needs to get the OK from 23 of the 30 owners.