HARTFORD, CT (1010 WINS) -- Connecticut recorded 43 new COVID-19-related deaths and a 4.83 percent infection rate over the weekend as the number of people hospitalized with the virus continued to climb, Gov. Ned Lamont said Monday.
Of the 109,045 COVID-19 test results that came back in Connecticut on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 5,271, or 4.83 percent, were positive, Lamont said at a news briefing.
The new fatalities, which were also reported over the course of those three days, pushed the state’s death toll to 4,871, he said.
As of Sunday evening, 875 people in Connecticut were hospitalized with COVID-19, up by 27 since Thursday evening.
Hospitalizations in the state have more than doubled since the beginning of the month, health department data shows. On Nov. 1, 340 people were hospitalized with the virus.
And while the state’s infection rate was lower over the weekend than it was at the end of last week, Lamont warned Connecticut residents not to “jump to any conclusions.”
“I think you are going to see it bouncing around,” he said. “And I do worry that the upward trend could continue.”