Woman killed in carbon monoxide leak at Queens apartment building

Flushing
Photo credit Citizen App

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – A carbon monoxide leak at a Queens apartment building left a woman dead on Tuesday night, police said—and officials reportedly believe a malfunctioning appliance may be to blame.

Police told WABC that the woman was found unconscious at her apartment building on Leavitt Street in Flushing around 8 p.m.

Citizen App video shows a heavy emergency response in the area at the time.

EMS Activity @CitizenApp

Union St & Northern Blvd Yesterday 8:27:20 PM EST

The woman was pronounced dead at Flushing Hospital.

The incident is under investigation. Con Edison told WABC that officials are looking at a malfunctioning hot water appliance in the apartment’s bathroom.

The building was evacuated, but no other residents were reported injured.