You haven't heard the last of Nancy Pelosi's controversial hair appointment, which drew strong national reaction from both sides of the political aisle this week.
During a Thursday morning press briefing, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany opened her remarks by introducing a looped video of the House Speaker inside a San Francisco salon without a mask this past Monday, an appointment that wouldn't have been allowed under health guidelines from the city's Department of Public Health at that time.
"Nancy Pelosi is demanding an apology from a single mother and small business owner who has received threats since Nancy Pelosi's comments against her salon," McEnany said. She went on to say that eSalon's owner, Erica Kious, said she's gotten death threats, hate text messages and claims people will burn down her salon.
Kious added that Pelosi knew that she wasn’t supposed to be inside, because she and DeNardo talked about it.
"The point of releasing this video was if a woman in a high-risk age group who spends much of her time on TV warning about the dangers of COVID-19 feels safe and comfortable in (a) San Francisco salon and can’t responsible for being cautious and mindful, why can’t the rest of San Francisco and the rest of America do that too?"
The visit has been the subject of much debate, as Kious initially claimed she was unaware of Pelosi's appointment. She said the visit was "a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in and I can't work."
The Speaker's office quickly responded, saying the salon on Union St. had given Pelosi permission to come in. Pelosi later called the controversy "a setup."
Her stylist then released his own statement late Wednesday, claiming eSalon's owner had authorizied the appointment, despite previously claims.
Kious appeared on Tucker Carlson's Fox News program Wednesday night, denying the appointment is was "a setup." "That is absolutely false," she told Carlson.