DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - The star that is Mavericks' guard Luka Doncic is soaring to new heights as the NBA announced on Wednesday that the 21-year-old had the second-most jersey sales during the league's restart from July 30 to Sept. 28.
Doncic trailed only the Lakers' LeBron James in jersey sales on NBAStore.com during that timeframe.
In his first action on the big stage, Doncic averaged a spectacular 31 points, 9.7 rebounds and 8.7 assists per game against a Clippers team that was supposed to be among the elite defensive units in the NBA.
Naturally, the Mavericks franchise received a huge boost from Doncic as it was ranked seventh in merchandise sales out of the entire NBA this summer.
Below are the full rankings, according to the NBA.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Luka Dončić, Dallas Mavericks
3. Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
8. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
9. Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
10. Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
11. Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
12. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
13. Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
14. Nikola Jokić, Denver Nuggets
15. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Miami Heat
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Toronto Raptors
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Milwaukee Bucks
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Denver Nuggets