It’s Weis Wednesday on 105.7 The fan. Weis is your OFFICIAL Baltimore Game Day Tailgate and Home Gate Headquarters. We are giving away a $25 gift card so you can go to Weis and purchase the ingredients for todays recipe. Remember: “Eat Better, spend Less That’s Weis!”
Chex Muddy Buddies Bars
8 cp Rice Chex™ cereal
1/4 cp butter
1 cp Weis Quality Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cp Creamy Peanut Butter
1 bag Miniature Marshmallows
2 tsp Powdered Sugar
1. Add cereal to a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a microwaveable bowl, add butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter and microwave on high for 1 minute.Stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
3. Add marshmallows and toss until coated. Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute & 15 seconds.
4. Immediately stir in cereal until evenly coated. Using a spatula, press cereal mixture evenly into a sprayed 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or cool at room temperature or until mixture is set. For bars, cut into rows and store tightly covered.
Frosted Fudge Brownie Footballs
1 box (16 oz) Betty CrockerTM Supreme original brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie box
Football-shaped cookie cutter, 3 1/2x2 inches
1/2 cup Betty CrockerTM Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 16-oz container)
Betty CrockerTM white decorating icing (from 4.25-oz tube)
1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of pan.
Grease bottom and sides of foil with shortening or cooking spray.
2 Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread in pan.
3 Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Freeze in pan 15 minutes.
4 Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away.
With football-shaped cookie cutter, cut brownies into football shapes. Set aside leftover pieces for snacking. Spread frosting on brownies. Pipe on decorating icing to look like football laces.
Chex™ Ultimate Tailgate Party Mix
6 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal Save $
3 cups kettle corn
1 1/2 cups football-shaped pretzels or mini pretzel twists
1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies or peanut candy-coated chocolate candies
1 In a large serving bowl, add ingredients; mix well.
BEEF AND CHEESE BURRITO INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ POUNDS OF GROUND BEEF, FLOUR TORTILLAS, BLACK OLIVES, GARLIC
SALT, 1 ¼ CUP SALSA, LETTUCE, 1 AVOCADO, ½ POUND OF VELVEETA, 2 MED.
TOMOATOES, HOT PEPPER SAUCE.
IN A LARGE SKILLET BROWN GROUND BEEF FOR 8-10 MIN. STIR IN SALSA AND
CHEESE, HEAT UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED.
TO SERVE, SPOON 1/3 CUP OF BEEF IN CENTER OF TORTILLA. FOLD EDGES
AND SERVE WITH LETTUCE, TOMATO, AVOCADO, AND OLIVES.
Buffalo Chicken Ring
4 oz of cream cheese
16 oz crescent dinner rolls
1⁄4 cup hot sauce
1/3 cup blue cheese rumbles
2 1⁄2 cups of Cooked Shredded Chicken
Mix cream cheese, hot sauce, and shredded chicken in a large bowl.
Lay crescent rolls out to form a circle
Spread the chicken mixture around the crescent ring
Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top of mixture
Fold corners of crescent rolls into middle of the ring Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and serve
SOUTH OF THE BORDER SLOPPY JOES
1 lb Weis Quality 93% Fresh Ground Turkey
· 1 med onion, chopped
· 1 can (15 ounces) Weis Quality No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
· 1/2 cp Weis Quality No Salt Added Black Beans, drained and rinsed
· 1/2 cp frozen Weis Quality Super Sweet Corn
· 1/4 cp Weis Quality Tomato Paste
· 2 tbsp Weis Quality Light Brown Sugar
· 1 1/2 tbsp Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
· 3/4 tsp Weis Quality Ground Cumin
· 1/2 tsp ground coriander
· 1/4 tsp Weis Quality Salt
· 1/2 cp loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
· 6 sesame hamburger buns
In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon. In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker bowl, combine turkey mixture, tomato sauce, beans, corn, tomato paste, brown sugar, hot sauce, cumin, coriander and salt, stirring to mix well. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours). Makes about 4 cups.To serve, stir in cilantro. Split buns and toast or warm, if desired. Evenly spoon turkey mixture over bottom halves of buns; replace top halves and serve.
CHEDDAR BACON MACARONI SALAD
· One and a Half boxes of Elbow Macaroni
· 1 bunch of green onions chopped
· 1 teaspoon of Weis Quality salt
· 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
· 1 cup of quality mayonnaise
· 2 cups of Weis shredded cheese
· 1 teaspoon of quality pepper
· 1 and a half cup of Weis wavy potato chips crushed
· ½ cup Weis quality classic ranch salad dressing
· 6 slices of quality bacon
· 1 teaspoon of onion powder
Cook pasta according to package instructions. While pasta cooks, cook bacon. Drain and rinse pasta. Put pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add mayo and ranch dressing. Stir until pasta is coated. Add shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions crumbled bacon, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Wait to add crumbled potato chips to the salad right before serving.
Visit you favorite Weis location or go to weismarkets .com for your Game Day feast!
Eat better, spend less that’s Weis!