The Anderson County Sheriff's Office issued the following press release Thursday.
Anderson, SC (12 December 2019, 12:00 p.m. EDT) – On December 12, 2019 the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office will begin a partnership with Ring and Neighbors App/Portal to help better serve our Anderson County residents. This partnership will connect traditional law enforcement techniques and the advances of technology to help solve crimes without any additional cost.
The Neighbors app network has millions of users across the nation and has already been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
● The Neighbors app is available for free on iOS, Android and FireOS devices. Residents can text ‘JOINTODAY’ to 555888 from their smartphone to receive a link to download the Neighbors app.
● Once downloaded, residents can join their digital neighborhood and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive regional safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and selected crime and safety news sources - all in real time.
● Posts made by users other than law enforcement do not display the poster’s identity.
● Joining the Neighbors app does not grant law enforcement access to cameras or user data. Law enforcement can only view content residents have publicly posted to the Neighbors app or that they have decided to share with law enforcement in response to a specific request.
● Residents do not need to own a Ring device or any other home security system in order to download and use the Neighbors app. Anyone with a compatible smartphone or tablet can download the Neighbors app.