(RADIO.COM Sports) Week 12 in the NFL admittedly wasn't as generous toward bettors as you might expect for Thanksgiving week. Just ask Sara Perlman on Bet Sweats, who shared her devastating parlay loss in the video above.
Or ask the 91% of bettors who placed their money on the Seahawks to cover the 6.5-point spread against the Eagles on Monday night. Congratulations to the other 9% ... which didn't include myself.
But for all the losses, there were also wins. Big wins. There may not have been as many miraculous victories as we've seen in other weeks, including Week 11's awesome slate, but there were still some diamonds in the rough. Here were six of the best bets that cashed.
Mohamed Sanu live-bet dart throw pays off | +3000
Next-touchdown scores can be smart bets to make given a certain game script, but this one seemed to be a case of some good luck. After all, Lions receiver Mohamed Sanu had only played in Detroit in one game prior to this one, but this bettor placed his/her trust in Sanu to come through when he was needed.
And so, a $32.26 wager was placed on Sanu to score the next Lions touchdown in order to make a grand, and that's exactly what happened.
Colt McCoy keeps Giants on top and a $40,000 bet on the winning side | -260
The odds don't show how unlikely this gamble became after Giants quarterback Daniel Jones went down to injury in the beginning of the third quarter Sunday. The game was tied 10-10, though the Giants were comfortably in field goal range at the time.
Regardless, a three-point lead wouldn't make you feel all too secure when backup quarterback Colt McCoy, who has compiled a 7-21 record in his career starts and an 0-3 record the past two seasons, comes in. It's unlikely that one fan placed a $40,000 bet on the McCoy-led Giants at SuperBook Sports, as Darren Rovell points out. Fortunately for this fan, the Bengals had their own backup quarterback at the helm, and the Giants were able to build their lead through more field goals.
Of course, the sweats were inevitable. The Bengals made it a two-point game with 2:30 to go, and actually got the ball back with about 60 ticks left on the clock, but the Giants' defense came through once again.
First TD trifecta connects for an amazing $1 parlay | +135750
Guessing the first player to score a touchdown in the 1 p.m. ET hour was last week's impressive accomplishment, when Titans tight end Jonnu Smith came in the clutch for one lucky bettor.
This week, we saw not one but three games' first touchdown scorers appear on a $1 parlay with ridiculous odds. Below are the three scores that made it happen and brought this bettor a $1,358.50 payout.
Buccaneers' ugly cover saves 11-game parlay | +62808
This bettor knew to stray away from the moneyline tendency when placing his/her bet on the Buccaneers in this ridiculous parlay.
In fact, it's pretty hard to believe that the Bucs ended up covering that spread after a terrible start. I wonder if any books featured a Tyreek Hill first-quarter prop for 200-plus yards or two touchdowns?
Meaningless Montgomery score equals massive win on $10 parlay | +60402
I'd love to see a quarter-by-quarter breakdown of Bears receiver Allen Robinson's stats considering just how frequently Chicago needs to throw the ball at the end of a game against defenses whose teams have big leads. In fact, I'm so curious that I'm just going to look.
-- 1st quarter: 180 yards, 0 TDs
-- 2nd quarter: 199 yards, 2 TDs
-- 3rd quarter: 101 yards, 0 TDs
-- 4th quarter: 332 yards, 3 TDs
There you have it. But it wasn't a late score from Robinson that helped one bettor cap off a big betting slip Sunday night.
With around three minutes to go, a Montgomery touchdown was checked off of this impressive 10-leg parlay that resulted in a whole lot of cash for one happy bettor.
Eagles Hail Mary completes Hail Mary parlay | +79828
You ... you mean the Eagles' last-second Hail Mary wasn't a universal bad beat? It actually helped someone?
That's right. A bizarre touchdown-scorer parlay featured six different names — Kenyan Drake, Robby Anderson, Jarvis Landry, Mike Gesicki, Taysom Hill and Richard Rodgers — the last of whom had fairly steep +850 odds of his own while the rest were at +170 or lower.
But after the first five were complete, it seemed almost too good for some sort of miracle not to occur. Why cash out when you can depend on a play like this to save you?