49ers running back Raheem Mostert told reporters on Wednesday that he has decided to move forward with the 2020 season.
"I'm not going to be opting out, but it was a very long and tough discussion with my wife," Mostert said.
This past offseason for the running back has been quite the chaotic one, as Mostert requested for a trade last month while also debating on opting out of the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Mostert explained to reporters how his family's health is the most important thing.
"There's been nights when we've cried on eachother. Just talking about how we're going to manage this whole deal. I told her flat out, 'I don't even want you to come to Cali, because I don't want you to be infected, I don't want my one-year-old to be infected as well and the new addition to our family. ' "
Mostert is happy and feeling thankful to be back in Santa Clara with his teammates.
Reporters went on to ask what Mostert's thoughts were when requesting a trade.