A pickup truck carrying 23 dockless, electronic scooters caught fire in in downtown Austin Friday night.
The trucks were being loaded into a flatbed attached to the truck to be charged. Along with the scooters, the truck was also carrying two electric generators, of which an electrical failure caused everything to go up in flames. The incident occurred around 11:45 Friday night on Brazos Street near Cesar Chavez.
Thankfully there were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the flatbed of the truck, the 23 scooters, and the generators were considered a total loss.