Happy International Women's Day!!
This day is celebrated every year on March 8th. The day was created in 1975 by The United Nations to commemerate the movement for women's rights. So, to celebrate the day, we thought we'd share 5 Facts about women:
- On average, women live two to five years longer than men, a fact which holds true in every country in the world. This isn’t limited to human beings. Female orangutans and chimpanzees also outlive their male counterparts.
- Women tolerate pain better than men. An episode of the show MythBusters showed that women can hold their hands in freezing water 19 percent longer than men.
- Last year’s Wonder Woman was the first superhero film starring a female lead. It’s also the highest grossing film to have been directed by a woman. Today, on International Women's Day, the second ever superhero film with a female lead was released.
- Women speak about 20,000 words a day. That’s 13,000 more than the average man.
- Women are safer drivers than men. They are involved in fewer road accidents and have fewer penalty points on their license. Some 57 percent of male drivers have been involved in at least one accident compared to 44 percent of women, according to carrentals.co.uk. (Take that guy's who hate on women drivers!)