Former Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel is the first player to apologize for the team's electronic sign-stealing scandal.
Keuchel, who just signed a new deal with the Chicago White Sox this offseason, spoke with reporters Friday. He was part of the Astros' rotation when they won the World Series in 2017, when the sign-stealing occurred.
The Astros were stripped of draft picks and fined $5 million by Major League Baseball for devising a scheme to record signs with a camera in centerfield and decode them in the dugout.
Astros owner Jim Crane fired general manager Jeff Luhnow and manager A.J. Hinch after commissioner Rob Manfred suspended them both for the 2020 season.
Keuchel said the advanced technology should be used by everyone or not at all, and that more players will be coming out with statements. Keuchel also said it's "not like every game we had it going on."
Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman caught some flack over the weekend at Astros Fanfest for not apologizing when they spoke on the issue with media.
Crane told SportsRadio 610 earlier this week to expect the players to apologize at spring training next month.
Also on SportsRadio 610