NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The big night is almost here!
You can eat like the stars with this recipe for the mac and cheese that Wolfgang Puck will serve to more than 1,500 people at the Governors Ball, the official Oscars after party.
Since you'll need a libation to wash down the tasty dish, we've also included recipes below for several of the cocktails that will be served at the soiree.
CACIO E PEPE MACARONI AND CHEESE
8oz Cavatelli Pasta
2 Tbsp Salt
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Flour
1 ¼ cup Whole Milk
¼ cup shredded Aged Vermont White Cheddar
1 Tbsp Parmesan
¼ tsp Pink Peppercorns, toasted and ground
½ tsp Black Peppercorns, toasted and ground
¼ tsp Green Peppercorns
1. Bring 2-3 quarts of water to a boil in a pot. Add 2 Tbsp of salt to the water and then the pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes or to al dente. Strain.
2. In a heavy bottom pot, melt butter and then whisk flour into the melted butter. Continue to whisk for two minutes on low heat avoiding any color.
3. Add milk to the butter and flour mixture continuing to stir until the milk thickens to a creamy consistency and coats the back of a spoon.
4. Add white cheddar, stirring to melt the cheese into the milk. Add ground pink and black peppercorns.
5. Add the pasta to the pot and stir in the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
COCKTAILS (INCLUDING MARTINIS AND MARGARITAS!)