MLS Team Skipping Return Tournament After Several Players Test Positive: Report

75756A5E-120A-4932-810C-2FD980DB785E
By , 105.3 The Fan

DALLAS -- FC Dallas is out of the MLS is Back tournament in Orlando due to a coronavirus outbreak, according to soccer insider Paul Tenorio. The club had not responded to the report by Monday evening.

Just last week, the club announced that six of their players had tested positive for the virus.

In a statement, the club said when they left for Orlando all of their players and staff members tested negative for the virus, but upon landing in Florida, two players tested positive. Those players were immmediately isolated from the rest of the team and placed in quarentine. 

As they continued to test the players over the next two days, four more players tested positive for COVID-19, leading FC Dallas to order all players and staff to quarentine in their hotel rooms out of an abundance of caution. 

"Upon receipt of the positive COVID-19 test, all six players immediately participated in a clinical assessment by a healthcare provider and were moved to the isolation area of the hotel," MLS said in a statement.

"While in isolation, the individuals are in daily communication with and receive remote care from a healthcare provider, including monitoring of symptoms and regular follow-up testing."