Stuffing is the unsung hero of Thanksgiving dinner, and if you're feeling like mixing it up this year, there's a recipe you can use to make stuffing out of your favorite fast food sliders.
Feeling extra lazy this Thanksgiving week? Well then, just head to White Castle, buy a bunch of sliders and turn them into stuffing. Really, you can do that! In fact, White Castle shared the following recipe:
• 10-12 White Castle Sliders (from the restaurant with the pickles removed or picked up from your local retailer)
• 1 ½ cups diced celery
• 1 ¼ teaspoons ground thyme
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground sage
• ¾ teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
• ¼ cup chicken broth or 1 cup for casserole version
In a large mixing bowl, tear the Sliders into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
Add 1 cup chicken broth, toss well.
Add ingredients to casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Or to stuff the ingredients into the cavity of the turkey, prepare ingredients as noted above, but reduce chicken broth to 1/4 cup, then cook as you normally would.
Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10-to-12-pound turkey).
Note: Allow 1 Slider for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of ¾ cup of stuffing per pound.