Lindsey Stirling knows a thing or two about how to keep the holiday season feeling festive. The 31-year-old musician, who finished in second place on this season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars, just released her first Christmas album, which is titled, Warmer In the Winter.
So we asked the famed YouTube violinist about her favorite holiday foods recently, and Lindsey mentioned her mom's banana bread.
"I can never get enough of my mom's banana bread. It's sooooo yummy, healthy, and makes the whole house smell amazing. It wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas without it," she told us.
So we begged her for the recipe, and Lindsey shared it EXCLUSIVELY with us. So, here it is!
BANANA BREAD PREPARATION:
This recipe, by the way, makes one large banana bread loaf and one smaller loaf of banana bread:
- Combine dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon) and set aside.
- In a food processor: blend dates, applesauce, and water (add a little more water if necessary) until smooth. Add banana, coconut oil, softened butter, vanilla, and liquid stevia and blend.
- Place the wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Gently add eggs and sour cream (don’t over-beat).
- Gently stir in dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 min. OR for cupcakes (even better!), bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Put one piece of foil over the top during the last 15 minutes to keep the top soft.
WHILE YOU'RE BAKING - Of course, that would be a great time to check out Lindsey's new holiday album, Warmer In The Winter. The album features a ton of awesome collaborations with artists like Becky G, Trombone Shorty, Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low, and Sabrina Carpenter. We even shared the adorable music video for Stirling's collaboration with Becky G, which is titled "Christmas C'Mon," last week.
The 13-track release features three original songs, as well as holiday classics like "Let It Snow" and "Jingle Bell Rock." Check it right now.
BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 c applesauce
- 2 c pitted dates (packed down)
- ¼ c water
- 1 ½ c bananas
- ½ c butter
- ½ c coconut oil
- ½ t vanilla
- 2-3 dropper fulls of liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- ½ c sour cream
- 2 ¾ c whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t cinnamon