Wearing a mask during this COVID-19 pandemic is the responsible thing to do to help save lives — but wearing a kinder eco-friendly mask can also save the planet.
What's being called "COVID Waste" is turning up in landfills and bodies of water creating tons of waste. Masks are a big part of this waste. Why toss your mask when you can plant it?
Sustainable brand Junk Not Eco Creatives got together with Tuy Arts and Design and created #PlantYourMask.
Many have been spending more time urban gardening, so why not keep the mask out of the bin, and into potted soil.
The face mask they created is called "Koobly" from the word "kubli" which means "cover."
Koobly features Tuy Art Design's signature product, abaca paper. Inside vegetable seeds encouraging those who wear one to start or add to their own urban garden. Infusing the masks with seeds makes it better to plant. Big win for saving lives and the planet!
A reusable mask made from sustainable materials is another option that can help save lives while saving the planet from COVID Waste. Here are 13 kinder eco-friendly mask options ...
1. United by Blue Salvaged Hemp Blend Face Mask
2. Oh Seven Days Oh Mask
3. Summersalt Face Coverings
4. Collina Strada Fashion Face Mask With Bows
5. Nisolo Upcycled Linen & Cotton Lined Mask
6. Onzie Mindful Masks
7. Threads for Thought Triblend Jersey Face Mask
8. Animalia Elephant & Sloth Face Masks
9. Jennifer Behr Face Masks
10. Madewell Non-Medical Face Masks
11. Lola Loves It Skintone Cotton Reusable Face Mask
12. St. John Pique Tiger Print Mask
13. Graf Lantz Organic Cotton Face Masks