Talk about an emotional week for Spice Girls fans!
We were ready to hand over the wallets last week when we thought that the girls would hit the road for a reunion tour later this year. Then we were devastated this weekend when we heard that there wasn’t going to be a reunion tour.
TMZ released a report today (February 15) that says the Spice Girls have signed contracts for their reunion tour. In fact, TMZ says that Mel B signed the contract last Friday, and the rest of the group had done the same already. The signed contract is very specific, according to the report. Apparently, it has specifics for everything from the shows and venues to the compensation.
Let’s be clear here: until there’s an OFFICIAL announcement, we are not sure what to think.
Victoria (Posh Spice) Beckham told Vogue earlier this week that a reunion tour was NOT in the works.
“I’m not going on tour. The girls aren’t going on tour,” Beckham told the magazine in an interview for New York Fashion Week about her fashion line.
These comments came after TMZ had reported that a reunion tour was in the works. TMZ's original reporting said the tour would kick off in the UK this summer before hitting the United States.
TMZ's reporting suggests that Beckham was just being... coy? Until we hear an official announcement, however, we'll just be cautiously optimistic as we listen to "Wannabe."