This “green salsa” packs a fresh and spicy flavor. It is ideal for chip dipping or for adding extra zest to many Mexican entrees.
The green color adds interest (and eye appeal), and pays it off with fiery Mexican flavor.
Watch the recipe below:
- Remove husks & stems and halve the tomatillos.
- Remove stem from all serranos and seeds from two of the chiles.
- Chop onion into large dice.
- Place all ingredients in processor and puree until smooth. Serve with crisp tortilla chips or use as a condiment with other Mexican dishes.
- Foodie Byte: You can include the leaves and stems from the cilantro if you wish—except the large bottom stem.
- 18 tomatillos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-5 Serrano chiles
Check out our recipe for a fresh garden peach salsa here, and get all of our fantastic Food Channel recipes here.