With the Rock Hall Inductions quickly approaching, we've been anxiously awaiting updates about performers and inductors. From rumors about Howard Stern inducting Bon Jovi to Ann Wilson's interview slip about inducting the Moody Blues, we've been getting small glimpses of what's to come.
One of the things we're most excited about is the fact that Brandon Flowers of The Killers will be bringing his iconic voice to Cleveland to induct The Cars. So, why is this alt-rocker headed to the Rock Hall Inductions?
- The song also earned one of the band’s seven Grammy nominations
- The Killers opened for U2 on a European tour in 2005
- Flowers has performed with many artists including Bruce Springsteen
- He lists The Cars, David Bowie, U2, The Beatles and Morrissey among his musical influences
- After members of The Killers wanted a break from touring, Flowers went on to do some solo projects ... he succeeded greatly
- His solo album Flamingo was released worldwide and charted in the top ten albums in ten countries
- His second solo album, The Desired Effect, debuted at number one on the UK charts, making it his second consecutive solo number one album
- During an interview with Rolling Stone, he stated that Steely Dan was one of the worst band names ever -- which is funny because his first band's name was Blush Response
- Aside from his musical talent, Flowers has won many awards for his appearance including NME's Best Dressed in '05, GQ's Most Stylish Man in '08, and was named one of The 50 Most Stylish Musicians of the Last 50 Years by Esquire in '11
Check out some more of his work below!