- WandaVision, the first Marvel Studios show coming out on Disney Plus, got a new trailer ahead of its upcoming January 15th release date.
- The Falcon and the Winter Solider also finally got a full trailer, along with a March release date.
- Loki, Disney’s highly anticipated short series based on Tom Hiddleston’s god of mischief character. The show also got a May 2021 release date.
- Hawkeye is premiering on Disney Plus in “late Fall 2021.”
- What If?, an animated series from Marvel Studios that features the voice acting cast of many Marvel Cinematic Universe stars
- Three new series coming to Disney+ :
- Ironheart, set to star Dominique Thorne engineering protégé Riri Williams;
- Armor Wars, which examines one of “Tony Stark’s biggest fears” and stars Don Cheadle, who is reprising his role as Colonel James “Rhodey” Rhodes
- Secret Invasion, the previously rumored Nick Fury-led series that will see Samuel L. Jackson reprise his role as the SHIELD director alongside Ben Mendelsohn’s Skull shapeshifter Talos. No release dates for the new projects were announced.
- Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel
- Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special for Disney+, due out in 2022, that will be directed by James Gunn. The special will film alongside the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3, also directed by Gunn and set for release in 2023. There’s also I Am Groot, a series of short films starring Groot
- Black Panther 2 will not recast the late Chadwick Boseman’s King T’Challa. The film, set to be directed by Ryan Coogler, is still set for July 2022.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, is officially in development. Peyton Reed will return to direct, as will Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer. Quantumania will also introduce Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror, one of Marvel’s biggest villains.
- Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will tie in to both the upcoming Wandavision and Sony and Marvel’s third Spider-Man movie. The studio also confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange will be appearing in the still unnamed Spider-Man sequel.
- Marvel Studios is developing a new Fantastic Four movie.
- Disney not only announced that roughly 10 Star Wars series are coming to Disney+, but it also gave some early details about a few of those series and other Star Wars projects. Additionally, the final Indiana Jones is now in pre-production and will be released in July 2022.
STAR WARS DISNEY+ SERIES
- Disney+ is getting two new Star Wars shows, both spinoffs of The Mandalorian: Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka.
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an animated series about the Bad Batch of clones from The Clone Wars, will debut exclusively on Disney Plus
- Star Wars: Andor starring Rogue One’s Diego Luna is coming to Disney+ in 2022
- The Acolyte, a new Star Wars series helmed by Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland, set in the “High Republic” era of the franchise, is coming to Disney Plus
- Hayden Christensen is returning as Darth Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi
- A Droid Story, a new project for Disney Plus, will feature a new hero alongside R2-D2 and C-3PO
- Star Wars: Lando is a new ‘event series’ coming to Disney+
- Star Wars: Visions is an upcoming anime anthology series coming to Disney+
STAR WARS MOVIES
- Rogue Squadron, due out in December 2023.
- The untitled Taika Waititi Star Wars movie, first announced in May, that had already been in development
DISNEY ANIMATION AND PIXAR
- Raya and the Last Dragon premieres on March 5th, 2021 on Disney+ via Premier Access and in theaters
- Baymax!, a series based on Big Hero 6, is arriving in early 2022
- Zootopia Plus, a new series based on Zootopia, is hitting the streaming service in spring 2022
- Tiana, based on The Princess and The Frog, is premiering on Disney+ in 2023
- A longform musical comedy series for Moana, hitting Disney+ in 2023
- Encanto, a new movie set in Colombia with music written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, is in development
- Iwaju, an original longform series made in partnership with Kugali Media, is premiering on Disney+ in 2022
PIXAR DISNEY+ SERIES
- The newest SparkShorts episode, Burrow, arrives on Disney Plus on December 25th
- Pixar Popcorn, shorts featuring iconic Pixar characters, start streaming in January
- Dug Days, a new series featuring the beloved dog Dug from Up, premieres in fall 2021
- A Cars series, following Lightning McQueen and Mater, is coming to Disney Plus in fall 2022
- Win or Lose, Pixar’s first original longform animated series, is about a middle school softball team. It’s coming to Disney Plus in the fall of 2023
- Luca, a movie set in Italy about a boy named Luca, will hit theaters in June 2021.
- Lightyear, an origin story for Buzz Lightyear (who will be voiced by Chris Evans), is hitting theaters in summer 2022
- Turning Red, about a 13-year old girl going through puberty that transforms into a giant red panda (yes, really!) when she gets excited, is in development
Read more here: