PENN HILLS, Pa. (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - A massive fire fueled by a gas line has destroyed four businesses and injured several firefighters at Churchill Center Plaza on Frankstown Road in Penn Hills.
It is now under control, but firefighters were putting out hotspots for hours after.
The flames broke out around 7:00 p.m. Sunday evening. Witnesses say they heard two explosions.
Authorities believe the gas line sparked, setting the fire inside the building.
Chuck Miller, Fire Marshall in Penn Hills, told Larry and John on KDKA Radio seven firefighters were sent to a hospital for treatment.
“A couple have been released, a couple are still there being taken care of for dehydration, heat exhaustion and I know for sure one is being held overnight for observation,” said Miller.