I have sad news everyone. Popeye’s has run out of their new chicken sandwich. I know, tragic…..and before we even had a chance to wait hours in line for the crispy greatness that is Popeye’s. Now I’m not angry enough to demand an apology but I am hungry enough to need an alternative which is why I’ve compiled a list of the best fast food items ranked by your very own Joey Deez! Prepare your stomach, things are about to get greasy :D
Honorable Mention: The KFC Double Down. Who needs bread when you can have chicken tenders instead? It’s hard to call this a sandwich but who cares because it has two crispy chicken tenders with bacon and cheese smothered in-between. Heart Disease be damned!
5. Subway Sandwich – This is a shout out to my childhood. When I was younger would order an Italian herb & cheese foot-long with every type of cheese on it. Who needs vegetables or meat? Not me. Just give me a 6$ cheese sandwich. Oh, and a bag of chips! My parents were not happy when I came home with this crazy concoction.
4. Jack in the Box Munchie Meals – Who would have thought that shoving mozzarella sticks into a grilled cheese would be so awesome. Jack in the box did, that’s who! A stoners dream, (or drunk people at 1am like myself) these meals gave you a little bit of everything; literally. The box came with rejected fries from every category; crispy, curly, wedge, or clean cut. Did I mention you get two tacos also? What a deal. Can you tell Jack in the Box knows its audience?
3. Wendy’s Crispy Chicken BLT and the 4 for 4. This is my favorite box deal that any fast food place has. Chicken nuggets, and great BLT, soda, fries and all for four dollars?!?! And for an extra buck you can get a frosty? Yeah I see you Wendy’s. Plus, their Twitter account is incredible. Just make sure you stay on their good side.
2. McDonald’s Egg McMuffin – Let’s be honest, this item is a classic. I can’t tell you how many mornings I spent with my father getting McMuffins but my stomach sure can. Egg, Cheese and whatever else you want; these little delights will keep you running strong into the day. Special shout out to the McGriddle, your syrupy greatness shall not be forgot!
1. Cheesy Gordita Crunch – I was a long time hater of this item, mainly because I didn’t eat meat. But after one bite I knew, this was like nothing else. The perfect combination of soft and crunchy, cheese and meaty, hearty and……hearty! You can’t go wrong with a Cheesy Gordita Crunch….or two. There dollar menu is also heaven for a vegetarian; thank you very much cheesy bean and rice burrito. Did I mention their sauce packets? Yeah I may get about 20 per order. Is that a lot?
Of course this is just my top 5, but I want to know, what fast food item would you put on this list? What is your go-to place when you get that craving for greasy greatness?