One of the founding members of Soundgarden, guitarist Kim Thayil celebrates the big 6-0 on September 4th.
We want to wish the Seattle shredder a very happy birthday by counting down some of his sickest guitar riffs of all time. Here we go!
5. "Outshined" - This might be the most recognizable Soundgarden guitar riff, so it had to make the list!
4. "Loud Love" - When you hear the guitar feedback in the intro, you just know it's about to get GOOD!
3. "Slaves and Bulldozers" - The guitar wails and screetches throughout the entire song, and the solo at 4:17 should get serious honorable mention.
2. "4th of July" - This is without question one of the heaviest riffing songs in the Soundgarden catalog, and the Thayil solo wails about 3 minutes in!
1. "Jesus Christ Pose" - The entire song is one giant Kim Thayil guitar riff!!
Be sure to follow Nude Dragons (anagram for Soundgarden) on Instagram for memories, album anniversaries and more from the surviving members of the band.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Thayil!!
Happy Rocking (from a safe social distance),