On Friday the 13th of February, 1970, heavy metal was born with the release of Black Sabbath's self-titled, debut album.
7. "Warning" - An Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation cover closed out Side Two, and clocking in at more than 10 minutes, it accounted for about 1/4 of the entire album.
6. "Sleeping Village" - Featuring the jaw harp in the songs intro, and double-tracked guitar solos for extra face-melting.
5. "Behind the Wall of Sleep" - Some of the darkest Sabbath imagery every written!
3. "The Wizard" - How many heavy metal songs feature the harmonica? We can only think of one off the top of our head...
2. "Black Sabbath" - Some consider this the first "doom metal" song ever recorded.
1. "N.I.B." - The legendary riffs on both the bass and the guitar make this the quintessential Sabbath.
Happy Anniversary to the album that started it all and still makes the top of every metal head's list of favorites.