On a typical Earth Day, groups of people gather and venture outside to make a difference for our planet, but due to social distancing guidelines, we can't exactly do that in 2020.
However, we can STILL get outside, and we can STILL do things to celebrate! Here are 5 ideas for Earth Day 2020:
1. Get yourself a reusable water bottle. You might have one tucked away in a cabinet somewhere, so bust it out and dust it off! Or if you don't already have one, put one in your shopping cart next time you go grocery shopping.
2. Plant a garden. It doesn't have to be a big one! Even if you live in an apartment, you could grow a tomato plant right on your balcony.
3. Pick up trash. You can get some fresh air AND clean up your neighborhood at the same time, all while practicing safe social distancing.
4. Ride your bike. If you have to run an essential errand, ditch your car for a bike!
5. Read it, don't stream it. Turn off your TV, power down your devices and read a book.
Thanks for celebrating Earth Day's 50th year, Rockaholics! We can all do something to make an impact, even during a global pandemic. Post your photos on social media using the hashtag #EarthDay2020.
Happy Adventuring (from a safe social distance),