Man accidentally burns down trailer trying to scare away raccoons

Trailer, Fire, Caravan, Burning, Flames
Trailer, Fire, Caravan, Burning, Flames Photo credit (Photo by Getty Images)

A Benton County, Washington received quite the shock when he went to check under his trailer Sunday morning and found a family of raccoons nestled under his mobile home.

So the gentleman did what any responsible homeowner would, and tried to scare them away. Unfortunately, in doing so he accidentally knocked over a CANDLE, and ended up completely burning his mobile home down!

Though nobody was hurt during the incident, the man's trailer was completely destroyed.

The investigation has been sent to the prosecutor's office for review.

The Benton County, WA Sheriff's Office also advised residents to be careful with candles.

Via KOMO News