'I demand to be tested:' Man arrested after causing scene at St. Louis County Council meeting

By NewsRadio 1120 KMOX

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A man who was demanding to be tested for a possible coronavirus infection had to be removed and placed under arrest after a St. Louis County Council meeting, according to police.  

Shortly after the council adjourned the man – claiming he was on a cruise ship and no one would administer a test for him – entered the chambers.

"There's no testing in this county. There's no adequate testing," the man claimed. "I've been trying to get tested for two weeks. I went on a cruise, I have flu-like symptoms. I want to get tested. Who's gonna test me?"

The man threw his coat on the floor and cursed, before he was led away by police. 

Councilmen Tim Fitch and Mark Harder both stood and watched the man as other council members cleared the room. 

"Call 9-1-1," Fitch told the man.

Man just entered STL County chambers after committee adjourned, demanding to be tested for #coronavirus , saying he'd been on a cruise ship & nobody will test him. After a few minute tirade, police removed man from room. @kmoxnews

— Brad Choat (@choatsnews) March 10, 2020

In the council meeting, Page stated that there is still only one positive case of COVID-19 in the county. County Health Department reported 16 people under observation for the virus, and eight have been tested, with four test results still pending. 

That one case is the 20-year-old woman who returned from a study-abroad trip to Italy. 

The Ladue family has now retained an attorney, claiming the county never told them all to self-quarantine. The younger sister of the woman with the virus went to school both Thursday and Friday, the father and younger daughter went to a house party before the Saturday dance and the father went to a Ladue coffee shop on Saturday, despite the county's initial assertion that officials asked for the self-quarantine Thursday.

© 2020 KMOX (Entercom). All rights reserved