ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Instead of tens of thousands of raving St. Louis Cardinals fans packing the event space of a downtown hotel, the 2021 Winter Warm-Up will be held virtually with opportunities for fans to join players, coaches and alumni in virtual Cardinals Experiences about life on and off the baseball diamond.
The four-day event runs from Friday, Jan. 15 through the following Monday, with all proceeds raised going to support kids in the community thanks to Cardinals Care.
Here are just a few of the can't-miss events:
- 2011 World Series Reunion (Friday) - Join us as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2011 World Series win with members of the championship team. Participants include Allen Craig, Lance Berkman, David Freese, Kyle McClellan, Jason Motte and more. Moderated by Dan McLaughlin.
- Best Dressed Birds (Saturday) - When they're not wearing the Birds on the Bat, Harrison Bader, Jack Flaherty and Dexter Fowler stand out as some of our best-dressed Birds. Take a peek inside their wardrobe. Moderated by St. Louis native Jessica Radloff, Glamour Magazine's West Coast Entertainment Correspondent.
- Cardinals in the Outfield (Sunday) - Cardinals outfielders Harrison Bader, Dylan Carlson, Dexter Fowler, Tyler O'Neill, Lane Thomas and Justin Williams talk shop with Assistant Coach Willie McGee and Hitting Coach Jeff Albert. Moderated by John Rooney.
- Game Planning (Sunday) - Talk with Manager Mike Shildt and Bench Coach Oliver Marmol about what it takes to manage a game. Moderated by St. Louis native Fran Charles of MLB Network.
- Inside the Broadcast Booth (Monday) - Learn what it takes to prep for the Cardinals radio and TV broadcasts with Polo Ascencio, Rick Ankiel, Al Hrabosky, Ricky Horton, John Rooney, Dan McLaughlin and Mike Claiborne. Moderated by Kevin Wheeler.
- Good as Gold (Monday) - 2020 Rawlings Gold Glove Award winner Tyler O'Neill and three-time recipient Paul Goldschmidt talk defense with the Wizard, 13-time honoree Ozzie Smith. Moderated by Jim Edmonds, owner of eight Gold Glove Awards.
Tickets for those virtual experiences will go on sale at cardinals.com/wwu on January 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM CT.
© 2020 KMOX (Entercom). All rights reserved