Cause of Wichita Courthouse fire identified

By KNSS Radio

The cause of the fire that broke out on the fourth floor of the Sedgwick County Courthouse over the weekend has been identified.

The fire, determined to be an electrical short, was reported around 9:45 a.m. Saturday morning. The Wichita Fire Department brought the blaze under control within 30 minutes. There were no injuries.

A damage estimate is still being calculated.

The fourth floor houses the 18th Judicial District Family Law Self-Help Center as well as Family Law Courts.