LA County Undersheriff Tim Murakami announced on Twitter about a response from law enforcement after a student allegedly threatened to shoot other students and staff at an Inglewood school Friday.
Investigators have detailed the arrest of a 13-year-old boy on suspicion of planning to shoot up his middle school in the Willowbrook area.
LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says investigators got a search warrant at the boy's home following threatening remarks he made on campus Thursday at Jemison Charter Middle School.
Villanueva says the rifle is unregistered but it does have a serial number. It is not a ghost gun as initially reported on Friday morning by law enforcement.
The tweet Friday morning said "LASD Century station deputies responded to a call of a student who threatened to shoot other students and staff."
A suspect was arrested for dealing/possession of illegal firearms, the Undersheriff said in a tweet.
There was a search warrant issued and an AR 15 rifle, ammunition, a list of intended victims and a drawing of the school layout were all seized.
Deputies received a call last night threatening an attack at Pete Knight High School.
When they arrived at the campus they learned there has been a fight there earlier in the day and several students had been detained and suspended. A male student who was involved in the altercation admitted that he made threats on social media and posted photos of a person holding firearms and bullets.
Meanwhile, Covina police have increased their presence at Charter Oak High School today in response to a possible threat targeting the campus. They say there have been no incidents on the campus thus far.