YouTube suspends President Trump's account for violating its policies

75756A5E-120A-4932-810C-2FD980DB785E

Joining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms, Google announced it has suspended President Donald Trump's YouTube account.

In a statement released Tuesday night, the platform says Trump violated its policies when it uploaded content that incited violence.

With several videos posted daily, the president’s YouTube account has 2.77 million subscribers.

Google has a three-strike system. Trump’s videos were given a one strike violation, which results in a minimum seven-day suspension. A second violation would result in a two-week suspension, and third would result in termination of the account.

Trump’s account and videos previously uploaded are still accessible, but he will not be able to upload new content.

"After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump's channel for violating our policies," the company said in a statement on social media. "Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump's channel, as we've done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section."

A company spokesperson told NBC Los Angeles that videos from the White House’s account were issued a warning, but not given a first strike.

"There has not been the same history of violative content on this channel, but should further violative content get uploaded to the channel, it would receive a strike, per our policies,” the company said.