DALLAS (1080 KRLD) - As the partial government shutdown drags on, several businesses in North Texas are doing what they can by offering special deals to furloughed workers.
Here's a list of businesses in North Texas where furloughed workers can get a discount:
- Alamo Drafthouse: All North Texas Alamo Drafthouse locations are offering free movies to federal workers Monday through Thursday throughout the month of January. The deal is good for one free ticket per day with a valid government I.D.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra: The DSO is offering two free tickets for an employee and guest to any of their concerts through mid-February. Tickets must be purchased in person at the Dallas Symphony Guest Services Center at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center.
- Dallas Holocaust Museum: The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance is offering free admission for an employee and guest to view their permanent exhibition, "One Day in the Holocaust: April 14, 1943," or their special exhibition,"Let me be myself: The Life Story of Anne Frank." This special exhibition allows you to virtually visit Anne's "Secret Annex."
- Fort Worth Bike Sharing: Federal workers can ride bikes for free in Fort Worth by calling Fort Worth Bike Sharing at 817-348-0043 and asking for a promo code.
- Knife Burger: Chef John Tesar is offering Ozersky Hamburgers for only $1 to federal workers throughout the government shutdown. The deal will be available at Knife Burger in Plano and Fort Worth. Side dishes are not included in the deal.
- Macaroni Grill: All furloughed federal employees can get a free Mom's Ricotta Meatballs and Spaghetti from 11am-4pm until January 23rd or until the government shutdown ends.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: The Perot Museum is offering free general admission to federal workers and one guest through January 31.
- Righteous Foods: The Fort Worth restaurant is offering free tacos for federal workers through January 25th.
- Sky Zone: The trampoline park is offering federal workers and their immediate families a free 60 minute jump every Tuesday through Thursday through January 31. Sky Zone socks are required and not included in this offer, but guests can always bring SkySocks from previous visits to use again.
- Taco Cabana: The Mexican chain is offering 20% off its entire menu (with a max of $20 savings) for all federal workers. The offer is not valid for all online orders. The discount will continue throughout the shutdown.
- Tangers Outlet Fort Worth: The outlet mall will be offering free TANGERCARES $20 gift cards to federal workers through January 28th. TANGERCARES is dedicated to demonstrating their commitment to the communities in which they operate through volunteerism, fund-raising efforts, and charitable donations.
- Twisted Trompo: The taqueria is offering $1 tacos for federal workers every day until the shutdown ends.
- YMCA: The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas and the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth are waiving a month of membership dues for any federal worker who is already a member. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is also offering free workouts for federal workers who are not members.