1. Official Tree Lighting in Downtown Plano
Kick off the season with Plano's holiday tradition - bringing back the favorite traditions including free s'mores, a real snow slide, ice wars, and adding a Victorian twist, complete with Scrooge. There will be Victorian music and entertainment and free photos with a Victorian Santa - as well as carolers from Plano Independent School District and more than 50 artists in the Vendor Village.
Where: Haggard Park, Downtown Plano
When: Friday, December 6, 7 p.m.
2. Miss SaigonThe Performing Arts Fort Worth presents one of Broadway's best - Miss Saigon - at Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth this weekend. From the creators of Les Misérables, it's the story of a young Vietnamese woman named orphaned by war who falls in love with an American G.I. named Chris, but they are torn apart by the fall of Saigon. It's the story of them coming back together with special effects and a stage performance you'll never forget.
Where: Bass Performance Hall, Fort Worth
When: December 5 - 8, 2019
more info https://www.basshall.com/misssaigon/
3. Santa's Coming to CoppellFrost financial centers invite families to come to Coppel for a little holiday cheer and photos with a special guest: Santa Claus. Guests can enjoy holiday cookies in a festive holiday setting while kids get a chance to visit with St. Nick. Kids will also get a candy cane can pose for pictures with Santa.
Where: 102 North Denton Tap Road, Coppell
When: Thursday, December 5th, 5 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
4. Disney Junior Holiday Party! in Grand Prairie
Disney Junior Holiday Party! is a dazzling musical wonderland where children and their families can sing and dance along to their favorite Disney Junior songs plus holiday classics with their favorite Disney friends, including Mickey & Minnie Mouse, the Puppy Dog Pals, Vampirina and many more, plus a special visit from Santa Claus!
Where: Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, 1001 Performance Place
When: Sunday, December 8th, 3:00 p.m.
5. Ice! - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" come to life at the 15th annual ICE! attraction at the Gaylord in Grapevine. The frosty walk-through display, located in a 14,000 square foot arena, is part of the hotel's Lone Star Christmas, You'll wear a parka as the exhibit is kept at a chilly 9 degrees. There are also five ice slides, a life-size nativity and a cockatil "ice" bar for adults.
Where: The Gaylord Texan, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine
When: Nov. 15th - January 5th