LAS VEGAS, NV (KXNT) - Another popular attraction in Las Vegas made a big splash on Monday when it announced its planned reopening date.
Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas at Russell and Fort Apache will reopen on Monday, June 22.
Park officials say they're following the latest guidelines and recommendations of public health authorities, including the World Health Organization (WHO), Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), World Waterpark Association (WWA) and others.
In accordance with new safety guidlines, some additional measures will be in place, including:
- Temperature checks for all guests and employees upon entry. Employees or guests with temperatures above 100.4 degrees F will not be permitted entry.
- Face masks & gloves will be worn by all applicable employees.
- Attendance capacity reduced to 50% to encourage social distancing.
- Six-feet social distancing markers at all applicable areas; ticketing windows, park entry, ride queue lines, restaurant queue lines, etc.
- Rides with tubes that accommodate more than one person will be loaded with only people from the same family group.
- All sunscreen, soap & sanitizer dispensers changed to touchless models.
- Touchless sanitizer dispensers placed at the beginning and end of each ride as well as throughout the park in key areas.
- Sanitation crew with designated routes and routines to ensure all high guest contact points are sanitized frequently and routinely.
- Lifejackets and slide tube and raft touch points will be disinfected after each ride.
Due to the extended closure, guests who had purchased a Wet’n’Wild Season Pass will receive a bonus of 4 single day tickets valued at $159.96 valid for the 2020 season.
For guests that have yet to purchase a Season Pass, Wet'n'Wild extended their season pass special for a limited time only with passes starting from $49.99 plus you'll receive 4 bonus single day tickets valued at $159.96 (available for collection upon first visit). That offer ends June 21st 2020.