Two more people have been found dead in the Hurricane zone in Allen Parish having succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Governor John Bel Edwards spoke out on Co2 poisoning from home generators on Friday:
"We’ve had five carbon monoxide poisonings. So people are running generators indoors or in poorly ventilated areas. And that is just an ultra-hazardous thing to do.”
Today’s announcement by the state brings the Louisiana death toll from Laura to 12, with seven of those deaths now attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning. At least four people in Texas were also killed.