It's not that you can't reheat these foods in the microwave, it's just that some foods don't do well in the microwave. So, the Food Network came up with a list of five things you should never put in there, along with the best way to actually reheat each one:
1. Pizza- If it's one or two slices, reheat them in pan on the stove over medium heat. It's better than the microwave, because the crust gets crispy. If it's a lot of pizza, put it in the oven at 375 until the cheese looks nice and melty again. Or pretend you're in college again and eat it cold.
2. Fried chicken- I don't know about you, but I love cold fried chicken! I'll order an extra piece, just to make sure I can hold a cold piece the next day for lunch. But if you like it hot and juicy, instead of the microwave, use a baking sheet or a pan. They say to cover it with foil and cook it in the oven at 375 for about 10 minutes. Then, remove the foil and keep cooking it until the skin gets crispy again.
3. French fries- They'll never taste as good as they were fresh but the best way to do it is in a pan with a little oil. Once they're hot, put them on a plate that's lined with paper towels to soak up the oil and sprinkle some extra salt on if you want.
4. Spaghetti- Just toss it in a pot and cook it over medium heat. If it's too thick, add a little bit of water and some seasoning. Or do what I do, fry it up with a little butter in a skillet, so good!
5. Steak- First, slice it up nice and thin. Then, add just a little oil to a pan and cook it over medium until it's hot enough. You're not trying to cook it a second time, you're simply warming it up.