Being in quarantine has encouraged people to spend more time cooking and baking in the kitchen.
But if you’re tired of making banana bread, Ben & Jerry’s has just the thing for you -- edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
Sure, you can always run to the store and grab a bag of their cookie dough chunks, but having the recipe on hand is great if you want to make a quick snack.
The brand shared the recipe for the frozen dough balls that are often found in their ice cream flavors.
Since the recipe doesn’t include eggs, it’s safe to eat raw.
Prior to mixing the ingredients together, the recipe calls for the flour to be heat-treated so that it destroys all contaminants that cause E.Coli and Salmonella.
In order to make this quick and tasty treat, a few staple pantry items are required including flour, unsalted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, heavy cream, kosher salt and chocolate chips.
After heat-treating the flour, you mix all the ingredients together using a stand or hand mixer. Roll it into little balls and voilá, you’ve made a light and refreshing summer snack that is bound to be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike.
Check out the full recipe, which makes about 2 cups, courtesy of People Magazine below:
1 cup flour
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ cup chocolate chips
1. First, heat treat the flour to ensure it is safe to eat. (Do not skip this step, untreated flour can contain contaminants and is not safe to eat.) Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches 165°F throughout.
2. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the heat treated flour and mix to incorporate.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
After you’ve made your edible cookie dough, be sure to throw a few pieces into your Ben & Jerry’s “Quarantine & Chill’d” ice cream.
Plenty of brands and companies have been posting fan-favorite recipes online for people to recreate at home.
And don’t forget to try your hand at Chipotle’s guacamole – the recipe is right here waiting for you.