I didn't notice an actual recipe in the video, so I moved to this one which has a spin put on it adding more ingredients to kick it up another notch ...
- 3 egg whites 3 egg whites
- 1/8 cup sugar 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/3 tablespoons cornstarch 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (big difference)
- Kickin it up w/ extras: almonds / 1/8 cup Oreo crumbs / Blue gel coloring - didn't attempt
Directions from the video above still worked well.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk together the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch and whisk together again until stiff peaks. This can take a bit. (It takes a long bit to form thick peaks)
- Adding in color, use gel coloring and gently fold the color in using a rubber spacula
- Fold in Oreo crumbs gently
- Add mixture to a baking pan / sheet (lightly greased) and slightly form in a round shape. Glad I greased the pan.
- Bake at 300 for around 25 minutes. Golden brown, and soft and pillowy cloud like inside. I had to bake mine for 35-40 minutes at 300 for it to turn beige.
I had just enough egg whites to try again. Newish recipe ... fresh-ish start. I was mixing it up again w/ the hand mixer. It took a bit, but it did get thicker with peaks. I was feeling good, although it seemed a bit more meringue like to me, than a bread - ish feel. I put it on the pan, and baked it. First 25 minutes, it was still pretty white-ish looking, so went for another 10 minutes. It was nice and puffy, kind of like the ones in the video, but once it got to the air on the counter, it fell. Flat Cloud Bread. Breaking it apart like the video, it didn't look very Pillowy Cloud like. It's more baked egg white like ...