Big Movie Love is happening this Sunday (2/8)! MANY movie fans, all over the world, will be watching the 92nd Academy Awards waiting to see if their favorites WIN AN OSCAR! What's more important than catching the Oscar Red Carpet before the ceremony? Having the right snacks to enjoy ... starting w/ the red carpet to the awards ceremony watching. Here are yummy fun Snacking Ideas that work for a Watch Party of 1 or many in the comforts of home. Art can Inspire, so let the Oscar Snacking Inspiration Begin!
Oscar Watching Snack Ideas from the 2020 Best Picture Nominees
- “Ford v Ferrari” Budweiser beer / Coca-Cola
- “Jojo Rabbit” Bread & grapes
- “Little Women” Poached pears
- “Parasite” Jjapaguria - popular Korean food that mixes two types of instant noodles: jjapaghetti and neoguri in the movie steak is mixed in
- “Once Upon a Time … In Hollywood” Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- “1917” Milk
- “Joker” Coffee
- “Marriage Story” Pecan pie
- “The Irishman” Ice cream sundae
Snacks are covered thanks to the so here are some numbers helpful for the Watching part while your Chowing!
- 2nd Year in a Row the Academy Awards at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles does NOT have a HOST! (3rd time in its history)
- 7pm is when the 92nd Academy Awards ceremony will air on ABC other ways to watch
- $44 Million is the total it costs to make the Oscars ceremony happen.
- $24,700 is how much the 16,500 square feet of Oscars Red Carpet costs. It takes 900 hours to install w/ 18 workers
- $400 is the value of an Oscar statue.
- $10 Million cost for an A-lister actress to be Oscars Red Carpet Ready
- $130 Million is the economic boost the Oscars gives Los Angeles
- $105K for a couple to attend the Vanity Fair Oscar Party (most expensive after party)
- $148K is the value of the Oscars Goodie Bag
Oscars Best Picture Nominees #s:
- 50% is the Golden Globes 10 year record predicting the Oscar for Best Picture
- 209 minutes makes The Irishman the longest 2020 Best Picture Nominee
- 238 minutes made Gone with the Wind the longest movie that won an Oscar for 1939 Best Picture
Oscars TV & Advertising #s:
- $2.6 Million+ cost of a 30 second ad during the Oscars 54% less than a Big Game ad
- 200 minutes is the length 2019 Oscars ran.
- 263 minutes made the 2002 Oscars the longest
Extra Heather Bonus #:
- 1 pair of Stretchy / Comfy Pants to wear while Watching & Chowing this Oscar Sunday! Enjoy!