When I saw a headline that says 'Most Popular Dessert Recipe ... Ever!' on my recipes.com , I had to click it. DIY Homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches came up from 2015. A recipe that has been this popular the past 5 years. I'm trying to figure out what's so special about Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches, other than they are just yummy. Until I realized the Cookie Dough part was the actual part of the sandwich that held the ice cream. Homemade Frozen Cookie Dough with your favorite ice cream frozen in the middle with it. Okay, that's a bit different. Edible Cookie Dough is huge. So I thought I would share this recipe w/ you. See if you think it's one of the Best Dessert Recipes you've tried ... EVER! That may be a bit Yummy dramatic, but it certainly makes me want see for myself. Let me know if you try it!
DIY Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ingredients:(Subs may not make it the BEST EVER ... but options to think about)
- 1 stick of butter (or non-dairy substitutes)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (favorite coffee creamer / non-dairy options almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of flour (gluten free .. oat flour / almond flour)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chops (favorite chips optional)
- favorite ice cream (frozen yogurt / dairy free options)
- Melt the butter and sugars in the microwave start w/ 45 - 60 seconds to start ... Melted not nuked!
- Mix in milk, vanilla and salt
- Mix in flour / Mix in chocolate chips
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper to fit an 8x8 inch square pan w/ overlap on the sides and place in the pan / spray w/ cooking spray
- Spread 1/2 of the Cookie Dough mixture on the parchment paper / repeat the other layer w/ 2 more pieces of parchment paper w/ overlap w/ the other 1/2
- Freeze for an 1 hour
- Take the 2 layers out of the pan / layer w/ 2 pieces of parchment paper again like before for the first layer.
- Place the 1st Cookie Dough layer in the pan then spread your favorite ice cream / frozen yogurt /dairy free (vanilla, chocolate, pecan.. ) on it
- Place the other Cookie Dough layer on top
- Freeze for 6-8 hours
- Cutting time w/ a knife that was run under hot water / run under hot water several times if needed while cutting
- Cut & Enjoy! Any leftovers, wrap in parchment paper, and place in a freezer friendly container for more Enjoyment later!
If you don't want ice cream, I say freeze the dough and eat it as is... edible cookie dough the way you want it.#Yummy
*Check the video to make sure I didn't leave any steps out. The recipe click didn't go to the correct recipe.Click here for more Ice Cream Sandwich yummies, that must be runner ups to this one. No preheated oven to heat things up inside during 100 plus degrees outside. Perfect yummy dessert recipe for Central TX HOT Summer Days! Enjoy! Heather R.