Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Return to Social Media After Bombshell Royal Break

75756A5E-120A-4932-810C-2FD980DB785E
By , RADIO.COM

Keep on keeping on.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made waves with their decision to step back as senior members of the royal family earlier this week, but you’d never guess by the looks of their social media account.

The Duke and Duchess returned to the 'gram to share their first post of 2020 and it’s business as usual.

“Earlier this week, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex returned to visit the women of The Hubb Community Kitchen and Together, Our Community Cookbook,” the post reads alongside photos of the royal couple enjoying their time with the kitchen’s volunteers.

“These women came together in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy to cook meals for their families and neighbors who had been displaced from the fire,” the post continued referring to the fire that took place in June 2017 killing 72.

“With funds from the successful cookbook, they have now been able to share their spirit of community with so many more. The Hubb continues to work with local organisations to build hope, bring comfort and provide not simply a warm meal, but with it, a sense of togetherness.

Meghan was an integral part in helping create the cookbook to raise funds in 2018, according to PEOPLE.

Meghan and Harry’s visit took place on Tuesday, which was their official first day back at work following a 6-week holiday hiatus in Canada.

The same day, they visited the Canada House in London to thank to meet with Janice Charette, High Commissioner as well as staff “to thank them for the warm Canadian hospitality and support they received during their recent stay in Canada.”

A day later, they announced their plans to step back from senior royal duties in order to focus on their family by becoming more financially independent and transition into a “progressive new role” within the institution.

Immediately after the announcement, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wax figures were taken out of the royal family display at Madame Tussauds in London.

Officials said in a press release that the wax figures will be moved elsewhere within the museum in order to “reflect the upcoming change in the Royal line up, Madame Tussauds London will be moving its Harry and Meghan figures from its Royal set with immediate effect,” the museum said in a statement.

LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
Follow RADIO.COM
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram