The Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is currently happening at Walt Disney World.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Disney has put in protocols to make it as safe as possible for those attending.
For those staying home and want to get in on the culinary action, Disney just shared the gourmet mac and cheese recipe sold at the World ShowPlace Pavilion, reported Delish.
When making this delicious cheesy treat, you will need all the typical ingredients for making homemade mac & cheese recipe.
If you are heading to the grocery store, you’re going to need butter, panko crumbs, coarse salt, pepper, your pasta of choice (cavatappi and elbow, preferably), flour, whole milk, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, white cheddar cheese, and yellow cheddar cheese. This recipe also includes Boursin’s Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese.
In the kitchen, the first step you will have to do is to make sure you toast the panko crumbs while adding salt. When cooking the macaroni, you will want to cook the pasta first and then prepare the cheese sauce.
Making the cheese will involve a lot of steps, so you will need to melt the butter in a pan and whisk in flour. Once the sauce is thickened, add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder until it’s a creamy sauce. The next step is to add the cheeses.
Finally, add the cooked pasta and season it with salt and pepper. For the finishing touches and flavor, top it off with Boursin and the toasted bread crumbs.
According to the recipe post on the Disney parks blog, this recipe can serve up to eight people.
Directions For Toasted Panko:
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add panko and stir until combined. Toast in pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat; salt to taste. Set aside.
Directions For Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside keeping warm.
- Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- Fold in both shredded cheddar cheeses and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels. Blend with immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
- Cut remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheel into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
- Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheesewith toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!