(FM 101.9) -- It’s the middle of summer road trip season, which means that countless families will be pulling over throughout the country to see a lot of classic destinations.
But while it may be tempting to go to certain places just to strike them off the bucket list, you don’t want to find yourself driving hundreds of miles just to see that one house from that one TV show that you never really laughed at.
Thankfully, travel website Far & Wide put together a list of the most boring tourist traps in every state. These are the destinations you want to avoid. Unless your kids got really bad grades on their last report cards.
A few of their best picks are:
- The "Full House" house in California
- The "Four Corners" spot where Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico meet
- The biggest frying pan in Iowa
- Nic Cage's future grave, which is a pyramid-shaped tomb, in Louisiana (how is this not on a ‘Best’ list?)
- An attraction where people can pay to use construction equipment in Nevada
- The Wall Drug store in South Dakota
And of course, the biggest ball of twine in the world, in Kansas.
Hey, they can't all be the Buddy Holly crash site.
You can read the full list below.