Being a parent presents all sorts of challenges, which at times include "tricking" your kids into doing things they don't necessarily want to do.
Now there are plenty of methods to get children to perform these tasks, but sometimes nothing beats a good parenting hack.
A survey commisioned by UK bread company Warburtons of 1,000 parents in Britain found the little hacks they employ the most to get their kids to do the things they don't want to do, reports SWNS Digital.
The top ten hacks parents use include:
1. Telling them their teeth will fall out if they don't brush.
2. Keeping them busy by getting them to do your housework with you.
3. Letting them pick something at the grocery store if they behave.
4. Getting them excited about dinner by having them help with the cooking.
5. Asking them to read a page of a book before you read a page.
6. Challenging them to a race to see who can clean up the fastest.
7. Making them do chores before they get rewards.
8. Telling them they can't have dessert until they finish their healthy food.
9. Rewarding them with screen time.
10. Giving them options that accomplish the same goal, like "Do you want to get dressed now or in a few minutes?
And in case you feel like you're betraying your kids trust by "tricking" them, Zoe Williams, a Physician and resident ITV doctor provided a disclaimer about the challenges of parenting and the necessity for such tactics.
“Nothing can fully prepare you for parenting – no matter how many books you read or classes you attend," Williams explained.