(WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- Here are the latest developments in the coronavirus outbreak in Illinois on Sunday, May 31:
- Illinois’ sweeping stay-at-home order has ended, Gov. Pritzker announced Friday at his last coronavirus briefing, but he and other officials urged residents to continue observing precautions to avoid spreading the novel coronavirus. All regions of the state have moved into Phase 3 of the “Restore Illinois” plan, allowing several sectors of the economy to reopen, with safeguards. These include hair salons, retail stores, offices and restaurants that can serve diners in outdoor settings. Chicago's Phase 3 begins Wednesday. READ MORE HERE.
- Mayor Lightfoot announced the city's new Open Streets plan, which goes into affect this weekend on the far North Side. The Mayor said the plan reimagines Chicago's roads in two key ways: first, to simply allow our residents as much space as possible to maintain the safe, physical distancing needed as they leave their homes and go about their daily lives. READ MORE HERE.
- Leland Avenue from Lincoln Avenue to Sheridan Road is the first shared street to open, which will give pedestrians more space to walk and run while being socially distant. There’s still street parking but no through-traffic. GET MORE DETAILS HERE.
- NEW NUMBERS: The Illinois Department of Public Health announced 1,300 new cases of coronavirus in Illinois, including 60 additional deaths, bringing the state total to 120,296, including 5,390 deaths. MORE HERE.
- Chicago police announced Friday four more cases of COVID-19, bringing the number of cases in the department to 556. READ MORE.
- A pair of Cook County judges have tested positive for COVID-19, marking the first cases of the coronavirus in judges of the Circuit Court, officials announced Thursday. Both work at the 5th Municipal District in Bridgeview. DETAILS HERE.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. Stay tuned to WBBM Newsradio where we will remain live, local, and committed to bringing you the latest information during this outbreak. >>LISTEN LIVE!