BUFFALO, N.Y. (WBEN) - The US-Canadian border will remain closed to non-essential travel until at least September 21, according to Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf.
Under the current order, “essential travel” includes:
• US citizens returning to the US
• Individuals traveling for medical purposes
• Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions or work
• Individuals traveling for emergency or government response
• Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade (e.g. cargo drivers)
• Members of the military