NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Police say a toddler who was believed to have been snatched from her Bronx home on Saturday is back home and no crime was committed.
The girl, 1-year-old Kaylee Williams, was reported to have been taken from her home near 182nd Street and Third Avenue in the Belmont section shortly before 10 a.m.
The girl’s 22-year-old mother told WNBC that she was inside her apartment with her daughter when the girl’s father came and ran off with the child while her back was turned.
Police had been looking for 33-year-old Kenneth Williams. On Monday, the NYPD said Williams is no longer being sought in connection with this incident.
"It was determined that no crime was committed and there are no charges pending against Mr. Williams at this time," police said.